My ascending aorta went up from 3.08 cm to 3.7 cm in 1 year. is this something to be concerned about? i have a mildly dialated aortic root. that was 4.01 cm last year and now it is 3.86 cm?

Dr. Donald Colantino
The size &rate of enlargement of the ascending aorta aren't alarming, but I'd rather have a cardiovascular surgeon tell me that as well as advise me when to recheck again. Avoiding hypertension is important. I trust a cardiovascular surgeon is following & advising you. If not, consult one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2022