how traumatic is septoplasty? lots of scar tissue common? deviation in in the back of left nostril. is that bone there?

Dr. Robert Stachler
30 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Septoplasty: Septoplasty is one of the best operations I perform on a regular basis. Fixing the deviation is analogous to seeing tv in black and white and then in color. Your breathing will be vastly different and you will feel wonderful. Do not fear this surgery. It is not very painful. Most patents do not use the pain meds I prescribe. 90% of my patients do not get nasal packing. There is bone there.
Answered on Sep 9, 2018
1