A member asked:

Hi, i had a septoplasty six weeks ago and i still can't breathe out of my left nostril. is that normal?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Franklyn Gergits answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Septoplasty: Greetings. In my opinion 6 weeks after a Septoplasty, you should notice positive changes in your nasal breathing. After the surgery, I typically use intranasal splints to help assure that the corrected septum stays midline. Not all doctors use splints. I would ask your surgeon why you still notice resistance. I would question scar formation and turbinate swelling. I hope you breathe better soon.

Answered 7/3/2015

2.6k views

Thank
Dr. Darryl Blinski answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Septo/Airway/Obst: At 6 weeks should be seeing some improvement. Best to see your surgeon to do an intra nasal examination or a second opinion. If no improvement by 3 months than something amiss.

Answered 7/8/2015

2.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more