can scar tissue after septoplasty block nostrils worse than the original deviation? i seem to scar really easily. i have a horrible scar on my arm from a previous, minor surgery. if i have a septoplasty, could the scar be bad enough to cause worse problem

2 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
20 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
It's : It's quite rare for the septoplasty incision to heal with a thickened or keloidal scar. This is even the case with people who've had this type of scarring elsewhere.
Answered on Sep 17, 2018
Dr. David Sherris
32 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Unlikely: septoplasty involves incision in the mucus membrane inside your nose. I have never heard of a keloid forming in mucus membranes.
Answered on Apr 28, 2019