U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Marble Falls, TX
A 47-year-old female asked:

Swelling/pain in hands & where arm meets wrists,pain up forearm, elbow, back of arm,swollen spot top of shoulder, ra test -,started 1 yr ago,worried about deterioration,no rash,no warmth,some tingling?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Rochester
Family Medicine 28 years experience
Pain in hands/arms: This sounds very much like a connective tissue problem. Best to see a rheumatologist for further evaluation and work up. Also with the tingling, EMG/NCS (nerve) testing also indicated. Your provider will know what this means and what to do. Best of luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Leila Hashemi
Internal Medicine 23 years experience
Pain all over: You might have Fibromyalgia which is a group of chronic pain disorders that affect connective tissues, including the muscles, ligaments , and tendons. The nerve is over active and causes this pain, cause is unknown. There are multiple medications to treat it. please see your doctor to r/o psoriatic arthritis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 10, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.