aching and tingling in right shoulder, down arm into hand, wrist and hand swelling female age 47

Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Hand Surgery 26 years experience
Numbness : Numbness and tingling of the extremities are typically seen in peripheral neuropathies. Swelling is a typical symptoms of inflammation. Any history of trauma or rheumatic disease? For a better orientation you need to provide more details! i think the best option at this point is to go talk to your pcp or your family physician.
Dr. Robert Gluck
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
The : The aching and tingling part would usually suggest some problem starting way up in the neck. However, this would not typically produce hand swelling. A so-called thoracic outlet problem might be also considered but again this is not a classical presentation. Having said that, given that this is not a typical presentation a visit to the doctor would be suggested. Best of luck.