what is "localized continuous ulceration, friability and irregular margins of the mucosa with no bleeding noted in the lower third of esophagus" ?

Dr. Kristel Hunt
Hepatology 23 years experience
Esophagitis: you'll need to be on a high-dose PPI (Prilosec, nexium) and possibly repeat the endoscopy in 3-6 months to rule out a condition like Barrett's. I assume they also took biopsies from the esophagus, follow up on that.
Dr. Marsha Davis
A sore section of : Esophagus . There is a section that is all together, but not as far down as the lower third where when they looked they could see an area that was red that tended to bleed but not outright bleeding and was all in one area but the outside lines were not straight. Hope that was an ok paraphrase. It is the section of esophagus that is obviously causing you trouble
Dr. Frances Ilozue
Endoscopy result?: Sounds like you had an upper endoscopy done, you will need to speak with the provider who performed the endoscopy. The abnormal findings mentioned in your question require specific interpretation and detailed explanation of further treatment plan. I will strongly recommend against any form of guess work.
Dr. Kristel Hunt
Hepatology 23 years experience
it's a classical description of esophagitis, r/o Barrett's...
Jul 16, 2014