My 11yr old daughter got bit by a bee 2 days it still swollen and red, she has no other symptoms like fever or pain i'm thinking er, or her gp doctor?

5 doctors weighed in across 5 answers

See her physician: Even though she appears well now, it would be advantageous for her to see her family physician to receive medication to take down the swelling & redness.

Answered 7/14/2014

3.9k views

Dr. Robert Killian answered

Specializes in General Practice

Why?: She has no symptoms of injury, infection or pain. Why does she need health care? A bee sting will take several days to heal. It surely does not sound like any kind of emergency or need for health intervention.

Answered 7/14/2014

3.9k views

Not uncommon: It's not unusual for the bite to still be swollen & red 48 hrs afterwards. Really can't advice you as to whether to be seen or not. I recommend calling her GP . That's what he's there for.

Answered 7/15/2014

3.9k views

Dr. John Munshower answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

GP: The ER would not be necessary for this and would waste your time and money. The GP should be able to take care of this. Use ice to the area and some Over the counter childrens ibuprofen. Just make sure they know you need an appt in 24-48 (not in 2 weeks).

Answered 9/28/2016

3.9k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Remove stinger: by scraping along edge of skin w credit card. Clean area w soap & warm water. Apply ice in 10 min. increments (10 on/10 off). Can try Tylenol, (acetaminophen) aspirin or motrin for pain or Benadryl for swelling. Make paste of 2 parts baking soda & 1 part water & apply. Need tetanus shot every 10 years. Area of swelling > 4 inches - consult w her GP physician. Pain is usually resolved with 3 days or so.

Answered 7/15/2014

3.9k views