Sir , i am suffering from ear disease " tinnitus " . due to severe sounding in ear , i wont get sleep in some days , can i take "tagara" medicine .

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John Munshower answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

TAGARA HERB: The US FDA has listed Tagara in their ‘Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS)’ list. It is a natural herb that has been used for centuries. I do not know of a specific indication for tinnitus using Tagara, but as stated it is deemed safe as recommended. Best to see an ENT dr. who specializes in ear disorders to assure the Tinnitus is not caused by some underlying issue that would need treating.

Answered 7/12/2014

3.9k views

Dr. Liesa Harte answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Tagara: It is recognized as safe to take, but I don't think it will help with your tinnitus. Records show that the herb has been medicinally used in the 16th century in India to treat nervousness, trembling, delirium tremens (acute delirium), headaches and heart palpitations.

Answered 7/12/2014

3.9k views