could sinus balloon sinuplasty surgery hurt?

Dr. Nick Debnath
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 20 years experience
Usually not painful: In-office or in OR balloon sinuplasty is performed with minimal discomfort with appropriate pain medications and local anesthesia. Recovery time is shorter (1-3 days) with balloon sinuplasty than traditional sinus surgery, and I personally do this procedure in-office with topical anesthesia, local lidocaine, and oral pain medications to minimize any potential pain.
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Usually Not: Balloon Sinuplasty has been done in the office safely and effectively for several years now. Your ENT should be able to achieve adequate anesthesia by local and topical technique. There might be mild discomfort afterwards but often patients state that it is well worth avoiding general anesthesia. Often it can be done without missing any work. Talk to your ENT about which is best for you.
Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 14 years experience
Mildly : There is mild discomfort during and after balloon sinuplasty no more than a tooth cleaning or cavity filling at a dentist office. Usually mile soreness in nose for 24 hours but back to normal in 48 hours and a lifetime of relief. Just make sure you see someone who does many of these weekly like myself and is a balloon sinup dilation expert. For more info visit www.socalsinus.com