Miami, FL

Is consuming whey protein daily harmful for my health? i workout 5 days a week and drink one or two shakes per day

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Whey protein is: fine if it is made from organic or free-range cow milk. If not, it can contain hormones, antibiotics, etc. Peace and good health.
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine 38 years experience
There is a debate: There are two camps when it comes to whey protein derived from cheese. The vegan camp believes a link exists between dairy and cancer and autoimmune diseases. The other camp believes it helpful against inflammation and helps build muscle. My take is that the science is inconclusive either way, no one needs too much protein, and that nuts and grains like quinoa are a better source of protein.