i used to have a gap.i have braces.now the gum that was between my 2 front teeth is squished and inflated. what is the soonest i can remove that skin.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See orthodontist: There are many various reasons which could cause "the gum that was between my 2 front teeth is squished & inflated". I can appreciate your concerned about your braces, but finding a proper and treatment may be the answer to your worries. Rec.: see your orthodontist for a evaluation and advise to your general dentist.
Answered on Feb 23, 2017
Dr. Inaam Schneider
Braces : You should direct this question to your Orthodontist who is taking care of you for you braces . I sm sure they wi make an appt for you with an oral surgeon to have this extra piece of skin removed when the time is right .
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
Dr. Anthony Sharber
37 years experience Dentistry
Ask your dentist: usually the tissue between teeth that is squeezed during orthodontic treatment will resolve as the treatment continues and doesn't need to be removed. Follow your dentist's instructions and clean the area thoroughly all the time and it should take care of itself. If it needs to be removed your dentist will do it at the appropriate time or refer you to a specialist that can.
Answered on Feb 23, 2017