Is there anything i can do to fix the slight gap in my front teeth? like a lot of people, i had braces for a couple of years while i was a teenager. i'm now in my mid-twenties and i've noticed that the gap in my front two teeth is beginner to come back. i

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

There : There are options available to close the gap between your two front teeth. It may be possible to close the gap utilizing retainers. If you no longer have your retainers, new ones can be made and through a limited treatment process your orthodontist could make adjustments. It would be necessary to wear the retainer full time during this stage of treatment. After completion of treatment it would be necessary to wear your retainer at night for as long as you want to maintain straight teeth. Invisalign aligners is another option in treatment. My best advice would be to visit a university trained orthodontist for an opinion. Since each individual case is unique an examination would be required in order to determine the proper course of treatment. If indicated, diagnostic records might be needed in order to make the correct diagnosis and treatment plan.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Yes: Sometimes your dentist can bond these teeth., depending on the gap size and bite. Orthodontics is sometimes necessary.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.3k views

You Bet: Your orthodontic specialist may have a number of different options to resolve this for you depending upon the size of the space and your bite. It may be as simple as a retainer, maybe clear aligner treatment, or in some cases, a few braces for a few months. See your ortho and get that smile touched-up again!

Answered 1/1/2017

5.3k views

Not unusual: Bracers move teeth, but that's not like putting a steel pole into concrete. You have a whole new skeletal system every 7 years. Teeth shift and change, especially if retainers were not worn as directed after braces were removed. Sometimes we also see teeth move if there is a periodontal (bone & gum) problem. Space can be reclosed or restored. Ck with your dentist.

Answered 4/10/2013

5.2k views