hello, i'm a 17 year old female. i noticed that, when i suck on my tongue and spit out, i find a lot of blood in my sputum... why is this? thanks

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Go to the Dentist: Then please sign off of the internet and get to your Dentist's office urgently.
Answered on Jun 23, 2015
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
44 years experience Pediatrics
Tongue Sucking: Looks like u have had the habit of tongue sucking for a while, which is seen more commonly among younger females. Usually it is benign and may cause some dental alignment issues later on. If u are noticing bleeding for the first time, u need to get your tongue and mouth area checked by a doctor to rule out any inflammation in the area which may be bleeding from the minor friction of sucking.
Answered on Jun 23, 2015
1