what could it mean if you have enlarged tongue papillae?

Dr. David Astrachan
37 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Not much: I look at peoples mouths and tongues all day long and i've seen all types of tongues with all types of papilla. There is a huge variety of what is normal and as long as the tongue is not painful or in other ways bothering you there's nothing to worry about.
Answered on Aug 7, 2016
1
2
Dr. Gary Sandler
54 years experience Dentistry
I am in full agreement. I would just like to add that without personally seeing you, we can't be sure what you see are papilla and not something else. Not all serious lesions are painful. See an Oral Surgeon or ENT specialist for peace of mind and to be sure no treatment is required.
Mar 13, 2014