Billerica, MA

i was at a concert last night and got hit in the mouth. one of my front tooth feels slightly loose and thier is some bruising around that area of the gum. will this heal on its own?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Please see dentist: to makes sure that you heal properly and w/complications. Peace and good health.
Dr. Zev Kaufman
Cosmetic Dentistry 27 years experience
Hit in the mouth: Sorry to hear that. Go see your dentist as soon as possible. Without an examination and xrays, it is impossible to tell the extent of the injury.
Dr. Mark Hanna
Dentistry 21 years experience
Most Likely Yes: You should still see your dentist immediately to make sure that you do not have a root fracture after being hit. If there is no fracture, the tooth should be splinted to the adjacent teeth for several weeks until the inflammation settles down and the tooth no longer has mobility. There is a chance that the nerve may die in the future due to the trauma and the tooth may require a root canal.