Mayfield, KY

i have pain in my back teeth and ear, it looks like there is bruising on the very back of my gums what could it mean? (anbesol doesn't really help)

Dr. Roya Arbab
Prosthodontics 32 years experience
Clinical exam needed: You are in pain, therefore you need immediate care. Teeth infection can cause earache and could cause swellings that look like bruising. Anbesol is a topical anesthetic that will not work for toothache. It helps with gum soreness. Please see your dentist as soon as possible. Teeth infections are not only very painful but could affect your general health.
Dr. April Ziegele
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Call a dentist : You very likely have an infection, and should see a dentist for an exam and x-ray. Ambesol just numbs the gums but won't help with an infection. See a dentist soon. An infection can spread and become quite serious.
Dr. Brett Noorda
Dentistry 25 years experience
Clenching/grinding?: Several possibilities, including decay in the teeth, infection in the teeth/jawbone/gums, and clenching/grinding of the teeth. If the pain affects both sides, it is likely clenching your teeth when you sleep.