FL

What happens when allograph tissue material is placed between my gums and teeth roots and it does not work due to the thinness of my gums?

Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic 44 years experience
Alt treat may work.: If donor allograft material was placed to enhance or help provide a protective layer of gums over your exposed root surfaces, and the graft does not take, you may want to consider a graft of your own (hard gum) attached gingiva. While more invasive, a small strip from the roof of your mouth, or a sliver slid over from a nearby healthy area, may have a better chance of success.
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dentistry 10 years experience
Evaluate: If the bone plate is thin, you may need a block bone graft instead. Get another opinion.
Last updated Mar 27, 2014