Canada

if my wisdom teeth haven't broken through the gums will there be more bruising when they are removed then normal? (they are also impacted)

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Possibly: But it really doesn't matter. You need them out, and after it's done, the pain meds will help you cope with any post operative discomfort. You will probably not have any extra-oral bruising, but rather intra-oral swelling. Each person reacts differently to the local procedure.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
ImpactedWisdom teeth: are third molars at the back of the mouth that fail to fully pass through the gums. Many dentists recommend removing impacted wisdom teeth to prevent future problems. The procedure is usually done in the dentist's office, but majority cases may require an oral surgeon, who are trained four years longer than a general dentist. Any surgery is not completely risk-free. Good luck.