U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

I have a big red bump in my mouth and feels like a bunch of tiny ones allover in my cheek i have had it for a year and been to two doctors w no idea.

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 10 years experience
Oral medicine : You can see a periodontist/oral medicine specialist for examination and possible referral to a pathologist for biopsy since those lesions are a year old.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Red bump: Red bump which is usually found in the midline is a benign bony tumor known as torus palatinus.Check with your dentist or oral surgeon.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Bumps: Any swelling of longer than 2 weeks duration should be evaluated now. Start with your Family Dentist. Referral to an Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, or Oral Medicine Specialist may be in order.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.