What to do if i dislocated my pinkie while playing basketball. pinkie was and how do i take care of it?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Be seen: Even if you feel like you have " popped" it back in position, I would encourage you to be seen for a follow up exam and X-ray. The X-ray would be helpful to ensure it is well reduced and that there is no associated fracture. You don't want to have any long term problems with it.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Hand specialist.: See an orthopedic hand surgeon. He/she will start with xrays and an exam. You may just need simple immobilization. But there are other, more serious things that can occur, when you dislocate a finger joint.

Last updated Oct 10, 2016