what causes the teeth to shift my top teeth are to the left more then they use to be when i look in the mirror i have bad teeth and i do grind my teet?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Call a dentist: There are a variety of reasons that teeth shift-genetics, age, grinding, bad habits and missing teeth. The loss of a tooth or a contacts between the teeth due to the tooth decay will create the movement of the adjacent teeth. The good news is that can all be fixed. Rec. : call your dentist for exam and x-rays.
Answered on Sep 30, 2018
1
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
If teeth are moving you may need services of both a Periodontist and an Orthodontist
Sep 30, 2018
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Malocclusion: Most common cause is malocclusion, often with damaged teeth and/or damage to the supporting gums/bone. Check in with your dentist and also ask if referral to periodontist and/or orthodontist is in order.
Answered on Apr 30, 2014
1