My ceric crown fell out today is it ok to leave it out until the dentist can see me ?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Call your dentist: Asap and request an emergency appointment for evaluation and/or crown re-cementation if possible. It is simple, if a crown comes off, it has failed. Why it failed is another question that will be determine by your dentist. The natural tooth needs to be protected with a temporary restoration. Hope it helps.

Answered 4/30/2014

4.2k views

Dr. Ronald Cohen answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Should address ASAP: Everything should be ok, but you do not want to chance it. Definitely see your dentist asap to fix it and address the root of the problem. Make sure you keep the area clean, be very gentle in the area not to damage the tooth structure underneath and if there is sensitivity, sometimes a tiny bit of vaseline can alleviate that. But like the other doctor said, address it asap to avoid more issues.

Answered 9/25/2016

4.2k views

Yes, but: You must be seen ASAP to prevent damage to the tooth, drifting and tipping of adjacent and opposing teeth, and gum overgrowth. Please see Dentist now. Don't put it off.

Answered 7/25/2016

1.1k views