How to know if i have social anxiety or something similar?

Psychiatric eval.: Symptoms of a social anxiety disorder can including being worried about being judged by others or doing something to embarrass yourself around others. You could turn pink, sweat, tremble, suddenly find it hard to talk or make eye contact or have a shaky voice. You might avoid doing things w people so that you don't do something embarrassing ; you likely make an effort to never be the center of >.
Provided original answer
attention. It may be particularly anxiety provoking to interact w strangers. Have a social anxiety disorder interferes w every day living (school, work, socializing).
Apr 12, 2014
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Your Discomfort Zone: See this page from Anxiety Disorders Assn of BC which contains educational & self-help tools (incl. a video) for managing, even overcoming social anxiety: http://ow.ly/EX9Nx Effective treatment for social anxiety will involve putting yourself in feared social situations, going from ones you fear only a little to others you fear a lot. A CBT expert coach can be big help!
Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Various forms...: Anxiety can show itself in various forms and to a variety of degrees. Mild anxiety is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if it is temporary and in response to a direct stimulus. Moderate to severe anxiety that is consistent and not in response to some specific identifiable trigger is more problematic regardless of whether you have an "attack." If this is you...consult with a psychologist.