I can no longer take xannax or similar drugs for anxiety. Because of pain contract. Is there anything you suggest i can take instead?

Dr. Jonathan Shedler
13 years experience in Clinical Psychology
"Take?": You are assuming the solution is to "take" something. If you suffer from ongoing anxiety, something is going on psychologically. You would do well to consider psychotherapy, not just medication. Psychotherapy is effective treatment for anxiety. Antidepressant medication (e.g., an ssri like Prozac (fluoxetine) or zoloft) is often helpful for anxiety and may help y, but medication alone is not optimal treatment.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1