Could use your help docs! 12 year old daughter of a friend has mrsa infection. should i be worried for my kids and keep them away?

Not necesarily: The media has created a fervor over MRSA that is far from deserved.It has been around for quite a while ; accounts for the majority of minor pustules ; abscesses i see in my office.I see them weekly they respond to drainage or antibiotics. It is carried by animals ; people ; found on random surfaces.After a few days of rx the kid is no longer contagious.Any wound can become infected by this germ.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014