my father had colon cancer that has come back in the liver, kidney&possibly the lungs. realistically what is his prognosis. he is 61, obese, diabetic?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
6 months: Metastatic cancers usually carry roughly a 6 month prognosis, plus/minus.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho commented
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
with chemotherapy that we have at this time, the average survival for colon cancer is up to 36 months.
Mar 25, 2014
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Incurable disease: Stage IV colon cancer with metastatic disease to the liver, kidney, lung- is incurable unfortunately. On average , survival with chemotherapy in the range of 36 months. Please discuss with his oncologist in detail.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Not good.: Without knowing more details, it is not possible to say for sure. Ask his oncologist for specific details. A lot depends on size and extent of metastases and biological behavior of the tumor cells.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Colon cancer: Your father has metastatic colon cancer. His prognosis is best predicted by the oncologist (o) that is taking care of him. A precise estimation of his life expectancy is best given by his o and i would not hesitate to the o to give an opinion. His age, diabetes and obesity will affect his prognosis less than his cancer. Good luck.
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Colon cancer.: No, the prognosis is not good. The most accepted classification for colon cancer is the duke's classification. By what you say your father has a duke's IV classification (distant metastases) which carries a 5 year survival of less than 5%.