My colon cancer spread to liver. i have to see a nephrologist due to kidney damage. if organ damage prevents future treatment, what's approx lifespan?

Dr. Jason Sample
General Surgery 25 years experience
First things first: Let's take one step at a time. Whether or not there is kidney damage, and to what extent, may not dictate the next step in treatment. After seeing the nephrologist, sit down with the oncologists and a surgeon to determine the next step to take. Easy for me to say, I know. This is probably pretty scary right now. Try to take it one step at a time.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle commented
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
Agree, after all information is available, an oncologist is who U should discuss treatment options, outcomes. Don't B 2 pessimistic.
Jul 21, 2014
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Depends: It highly depends on the type of cancer, spread to other organs, your overall functional status and comorbidities that you suffer from. Hope it helps.
Last updated Mar 12, 2020