Strongsville, OH

i'm trying to stop taking celexa (citalopram). can i take a half 10mg of celexa (citalopram) and a half of mirtazapine 15mg. and slowly get off celexa (citalopram) and totally on mirtazapin?

This needs to be : Done under the supervision of your physician - not an unknown provider on the internet.
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 53 years experience
Just the Celexa (citalopram).: Stay on the Mirtazapine while you decrease the Celexa (citalopram) to 10 mg. Take it for 2 weeks then stop. Then you can stay on the 15 mg. Of mirtazapine. You know that Mirtazapine is an atypical antidepressant but is used more for its appetite stimulation and improvement of your sleep quality. Is this what you have in mind?
Dr. Diane Minich
Ask your doctor: Who is treating you and knows your history if mirtazapin is a good choice for you since i see you are not on it, and your doctor can guide you through the switchover, .