Las Vegas, NV

I was diagnose nickel sulfate hexahydrate allergy....what is the cure? i tried different kind of ointment and steroids.what to do?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
No cure: A dermatologist can test all your jewelry for ionic niso4, including the buckle on your watch and the backings on your earrings. That way you can know which metals will not cause a reaction. A prescription steroid cream will suppress any allergic reaction. You will be safe with surgical (stainless) steel. Often silver and 14k gold are ok. Reactions are more common if the skin is wet or sweaty. The.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Provided original answer
The way you got sensitized to nickel was the way you got pierced and the type of metal used at the time. Now you need to learn how to live with it. Have expensive tastes.
Mar 17, 2014
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Avoidance: Wheredo you contact nickel? In your profession? Avoidance is key.
Dr. Nela Cordero
NICKLE ALLERGY: Nickel allergy happens if you wear jewelry that are not gold or silver but made of metal.Take it out , apply the steroid and do not wear it again otherwise you will have same problem.