How can i tell if a molar tooth is still a baby tooth and not an adult tooth?

Dr. Craig Fisk
Dentistry 13 years experience
Yes: You can tell because baby teeth look different than adult teeth. They are usually smaller versions of the adult tooth. If you still are not sure, visit your dentist and he or she can tell by looking at it or taking an xray. There you can also find out what happened to the adult tooth.
Dr. Harlan Wilson
Dentistry 46 years experience
Location and size: A baby molar is in the place of a permanent premolars -more to the middle, and smaller than a permanent molar which comes in behind all of the baby teeth at approximately 6, 12 and for third molars, almost anytime after 12 years. Go on the internet and hit baby and permanent teeth or go to your library and ask for a book with pictures of the arrangement of teeth.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Count: Permanent molars are the 6th, 7th, & 8th teeth from the middle. Baby molars, if still present, will be in the 4th & 5th positions, smaller versions of the larger permanent molars, and will look whiter. Ask your very well trained dentist. He/she will know with just a glance.