Canada

I am 14 weeks post-op left achilles tendon surgery. i had tendonitis and heel bone spurs removed and reattachment. and i still have pain and swelling?

Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 31 years experience
Recovery time: I would expect that there would be pain and swelling some months after such a procedure. The reattachment requires internal fixation of the tendon in the heel bone. The bone removal in itself causes swelling. Physical therapy after surgery seems to speed recovery.
Dr. David Moats
Podiatry 36 years experience
Up to 6 months: Achilles tendon surgery such as what you had can take up to six months to heel. Suggest MLS Laser treatments for the pain and swelling. Other treatments could include the use of a TENS unit, as I am sure you have had physical therapy.