U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Leg laceration, may be infected, who do i see?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Plastic Surgery 38 years experience
Doctor : I would see either your primary care doctor or go to the nearest emergency room. They can check you for infection and refer you to a surgeon if necessary.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.