Would beta hydroxy acid lotion help my uneven pimply body skin? recommendati please help i don't know what to do&i can't afford to see a dermatology.

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Maybe: That lotion may be helpful but sometimes can be irritating. For mild acne, there are alot of over the counter washes that may help including ones with benzoyl peroxide, salicyclic acid and beta hydox acids. Nothing is a guarantee. Prescriptions tend to help more for moderate to severe acne and resistant mild acne. Sometimes a derm (including myself) will offer a reduced fee for the uninsured.

Answered 3/5/2014

4.4k views

Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

I would try some: benzoyl peroxide once a day, and you can certainly use a cleanser with beta hydroxy acid. But if you aren't better then you probably need oral medication to clear your acne, as there is typically a hormonal component.

Answered 4/26/2015

3.8k views

Dr. Rebecca Weiss answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Good choice: Sounds like you may have keratosis pilaris - a skin condition that causes pinpoint bumps and uneven skin texture on the body. The use beta hydroxy acid/salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid creams can all be helpful in the treatment of this condition. In addition, physical exfoliants, like scrubs, can improve skin texture with regular use.

Answered 3/10/2017

773 views