PA

Klonopin (clonazepam) ineffective at 2mg daily..is it possible the carbamazepine i take is not giving me the full affect of klonopin (clonazepam)?

Dr. Aron Tendler
No: The Carbamazepine does not decrease the effect of the clonazepam.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
I find diminishing benefit from klonopin when used for anxiety at doses above 1-1.5mg. You may just be developing tolerance to the klonopin. I would suggest another med for anxiety. This depends on diagnosis, carbamazepine is good for bipolar associated anxiety. Maybe a dose increase is in order.
Mar 3, 2014
Dr. AUSTINA CHO
Yes: Tegretol speeds up the metabolism of drugs by liver enzymes. It can lower the concentration of Klonopin (clonazepam) in your circulation. It can also lower it's own drug level in your body. You should get seen by your doctor and have your meds adjusted accordingly or you may need to switch to a different agent. Consider non medical treatments for anxiety such as meditation, deep breathing, stretching ; yoga.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017