PA

In addition to tegretol, lamictal, cymbalta (duloxetine) my dr. wants me to take 1mg of klonopin 3 xdaily.does this mean that a person has serious stress/anxiety?

Dr. Douglas Bey
Not necesstsartly: Your doc is trying to find a combination of meds to control your sx. Klonopin (clonazepam) is safe ; effective for anxiety ; also helps mood stabilization.
Dr. Jane Steiner
I guess ...: ...Your regimen of tegretol, etc is not helping enough for your anxiety, so your doc is suggesting you take the Klonopin on a regular basis. I agree with dr jacobson that you may wish to discuss some of the atypicals, especially Latuda (lurasidone) which may have a better se profile. But even so, if you are already being treated for diabetes, your drs. Just need to work together.
Last updated May 31, 2018