take cymbalta (duloxetine) 60, lamictal 100, tegretol 600, klonopin 2.5 for ocd and mood..is this a safe combination..and is 60 the usual dose for cymbalta (duloxetine)?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Jacobson
39 years experience Psychiatry
Combo is safe: Cymbalta (duloxetine) 60 mg is the average dose, but can go up to 120 mg per day. Your doctor is juggling a lot of drug-drug interaction potentials, but the doses all look good. Glad you had the allergy testing. Sounds like you are getting very knowledgeable and competent care. Avoid alcohol and grapefruit because they will both greatly effect the blood levels of your medications. Enjoy the weekend! by the wayyour profile says that you are on luvox.
Answered on Feb 12, 2015
1
Dr. Patrick Tapia
12 years experience Psychiatry
Seems fine: These dosages seem to be workable although it is an intense combination of mood stabilizers. The dose of duloxetine at 60 mg is at the usual amount for the treatment of a mood disorder although higher dosages are thought to be potentially helpful for the treatment of chronic pain. Stay safe!
Answered on Feb 12, 2015
2