U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dearborn, MI
A 34-year-old male asked:

My head mri shows i have enlarged perivascular spaces and a cyst in pineal gland should i consult a neurosurgeon ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Patrick Roth
Neurosurgery 36 years experience
Not neccessarily : The neurosurgeon will not treat either of those conditions. They are relatively common findings and typically benign. Some surgeons will arrange for a followup MRI to assure that the cyst is not growing, but this is cost ineffective. The vast majority of the cysts are benign and enlarged perivascular spaces has no significance.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 17, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.