U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old female asked:

Hi ...my 8 yr old has long standing ear problems..his eardrum ruptured for 3rd time...has hearing loss. ent recomhe swim to help epithelialization?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Perforated TM: I am not sure what is your question. If it is a perforated drum, generally it should be surgically repaired unless there is a particular problem, such as severe eustachian tube dysfunction. Even then, some solutions are possible. The ear usually should be kept dry. You may need a second opinion.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.