I have a stye in my eye and its swollen what can i take to relieve the swelling its been two days? is there anything over the counter?

Dr. David Fink
Compresses: I would try very warm moist compresses (as warm as you can tolerate) for 15 minutes every few hours. That can help "draw out" the infection and swelling. Do not squeeze it or try to drain it yourself. If you've had it more than a few days or it's causing discomfort or vision problems, see your doctor who may prescribe antibiotic eye drops or ointment. Ask a pharmacist for otc treatments.
Last updated Apr 9, 2018