FL

my 20 month old son has had a stye for over two weeks. warm compresses and using the eye drops the pediatrician prescribed have lessened the swelling and redness but a large white and red pimple looking lump remains on his lower eyelid, and has been there

Dr. Christine Hom
Back to the doctor: It may be time to see a dermatologist. This needs to be examined again at least by your pediatrician who saw it initially.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Take your son back : to his pediatrician. Keep up the warm soaks 4-5 times a day. Otherwise, don't touch or press on the " pimple", which may be a secondary staph infection. Your son may need a referral to a pediatric ophthalmologist, an MD who specializes in eye disorders in children, to determine if it's a hordeolum or stye, which starts with blockage of 1 of 2 tiny glands, or a chalazion, which is not infectious.