Sunnyvale, TX

I have been prescribed propranolol for anxiety and hypertension.can this medication make my heart rate and pulse too low when i am not anxious? my pulse at rest is between 60-75bpm and bp138/88 est.

Dr. Douglas Bey
Can lower hr: Your doc will monitor your hr ; BP but not being anxious shouldn't b a problem.
Dr. Richard Williams
Pharmacy 19 years experience
Maybe: Propranolol is a "beta blocker" and used for hypertension and in some cases anxiety. One effect of this class is to slow heart rate. From the little info you supplied it looks like it is working fine. However, if you are concerned, talk it over with your physician and if necessary there may be alternatives available. Good luck.

Last updated May 11, 2016