i was just prescribed 10 mg of propranolol twice a day as needed for anxiety because my heart rate can reach 160 and bp 170/100 depending on how bad the panic attack is. however, my resting heart rate is 55 - 60, will it lower my heart rate more?

2 doctor answers
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
56 years experience Dermatology
Check it: Take first dose at home in case it makes you sleepy. Be extra careful if you have asthma. Try first dose and record heart rate every 15 min for next 3 hours. Be sure you know how to count heart rate. A home BP kit will also count heart rate. If heart rate is slower than 55, how do you feel? Can you exercise normally? Are you less prone to shakes, racing heart, panic?
Answered on Aug 17, 2017
1
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
Propanolol: May or may not depending on how big you are and what else you are taking.
Answered on Aug 17, 2017