my partial denture teeth seem short compared to my natural teeth. will it cause any problems?

Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dentistry 48 years experience
That is common : The partial denture teeth much sit in acrylicresin, which means that the gums are artificial around those teeth as compared to the natural gumline. This creates a shorter tooth in the partial denture. One solution is to butt partial denture teeth that are anterior replacement rather than wrap the acrylic resin into the lip vestibule. This makes them more likely to fracture, though.
Dr. Aaron Cook
Dentistry 16 years experience
See your dentist: The acrylic teeth can sometimes be replaced in as little as a day. If you've had your partial for a while, it may need to be re-lined, or you might simply need a new partial.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
See your dentist: This may can be repaired to make the heights more even. Perhaps there is a problem with the opposing teeth being longer.... Please see your dentist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See a prosthodontist: If you are unsure if the partial dentures are right for your situation, ask your current dentist for a referral to see a prosthodontist. They are dentists specialist that have spent an additional 3-4 years specializing in replacing missing teeth.