ny

is partial denture a viable option when last three top teeth on ride side are missing? i know it could clasp on left but how would it on right? thanks

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
It's an option: Not the best, but still an option. It would clasp on the right side just as it does in the left. If you have enough bone and the financial resources, consider dental implants and a fixed bridge.
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Dr. Ron E. Bell commented
Cosmetic Dentistry 45 years experience
It is usually better for function and proprioception to have your own teeth .
Apr 22, 2015
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Very possible, but..: A removable partial denture is certainly possible if the bony support is there and the remaining teeth are stable,and the bite is correct, and the support tooth/teeth on the right side are in excellent condition and have excellent bone support. Lots have to be right for long-term success.See the specialist - Prosthodontist- for detailed examination and treatment options. Implants best if possible.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Definitely, yes: This type of partial denture is supported by teeth on both sides of the mouth, even if the missing teeth are on one side. Ask your dentist if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Prosthodontics 24 years experience
Yes: Partial dentures can be done to replace any number of teeth and different places of the mouth as long as we have enough teeth to secure the prosthesis