Dental: do many older adults actually wear removable partial dentures (attached to natural teeth) on both the upper and lower parts of the mouth?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Justin Nelson answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Yes/no: Yes/No but the trend is changing rapidly as people are keeping their teeth longer and taking better care of them due to having dental insurance, greater technologies and more progressive preventive treatments to preserve natural teeth. Also with dental implants in the mix there may be no need for a removable partial when you could have something fixed. No worries. Connect with my Virtual Practice on Healthtap for any dental questions with my special keycode: DFWMCQ! Securely video or text chat by virtual appointment. http://htap.us/28qexs

Answered 11/22/2019

1.4k views

Yes: It's a common restorative technique. Less common today than in the past. Today state of the art is implants/crowns. Partial dentures are a less expensive, less comfortable, less long lasting alternative, but a time honored one. Talk to your Dentist about what would be best for you.

Answered 11/27/2017

1.4k views