Bangladesh

my s.cholesterol is 240 and s.triglyceride is 205 mg/dl. how can i lower them naturally, apart from medicines?

Dr. R. Kannan Mutharasan
Cardiology 18 years experience
A few good choices: Congratulations on your goal of improving your lipid profile! there are a few diets that have been demonstrated to reduce cholesterol levels. I'll give you one: the dash diet: high in fruits and vegetables, and poultry as a meat choice. It lowers blood pressure too. And there are lots of good books on it. Also, exercise (30 min/day, 4x week or more) and modest wt loss will help triglycerides.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
DIet, exercise;supps: First, it's important to know cholesterol is not the main cause of heart disease- see http://bit.Ly/1era8lt however, depending on chol. Subtypes lowering it may help. This is a pretty comprehensive article: http://huff.To/11tptid but i would do a few things differently. Avoid red rice yeast- it's a (natural) statin! adults need 5-8000 iu of vit d/day to get optimal levels. Stress reduction helps.