U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old member asked:

Please tell me recommendations for being burned, hurt, scarred, etc. from a hair dye?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 36 years experience
Depends on depth: Typically a mild steroid cream may be applied until the inflammation is resolved. Occasionally more aggressive treatment may be required. Protection from he sun should be undertaken for 3-6 months. Avoid a curling iron or any other chemical, thermal or radiation damage while healing.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.