I had change in bowel habits, stool analysis and blood work done and all came back normal.how can i stop worrying that i have bowel cancer ?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Knowledge is power!: You need to become more knowledgeable about your health than you are at present(fairly ignorant about medicine I am afraid). Cancer is not a common illness at your age, so learn to relax a bit, knowing bowel problems that you r having right now are not due to cancer. So lets look for other, more common causes. Most importantly cancer can be detected easily with modern testing which your dr can do.

Answered 6/22/2018

4.6k views

Colonoscopy: This is the only modality for ruling this in or out. You're 26 years old and without known polyp disease or a very strong family history the odds are low, but if the thought is troubling you, it might well be worth performing the procedure.

Answered 1/17/2014

4.6k views