A member asked:

Ok so my doctor said i have a fibroid at the top of my uterus and the only way to get rid of it is by taking out my uterus i need a second opinion?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jeff Livingston answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

2nd opinion : If the fibroid is large and in an awkward spot and you do not desire more children than a hysterectomy is perhaps a good choice. If it is small or in an easily accessible spot a myomectomy might be a better choice. Accessa is a minimally invasive option available to some. Without seeing your ultrasound it's impossible to say. Schedule a visit for a second opinion.

Answered 2/2/2014



Related Questions